Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Roadtrip 2014: Saltsjöbadens friluftsbad, Free air's bath :)

Found a free parkinglot, only 30 min. Which car is
the most white? Ok, perhaps the Toyota lose.
White is my favorite color (I think).
Friluftsbad...Thats right! Free airs bath, that´s how they pronounce it here if you translate Swedish into English.
Anyway....
As I said in the previous post I decided to park the car and take a small walk. Just do a small check up of Saltsjöbaden harbour, to see if I remember anything.. Why? Because I have been here about 14 years ago doing a matchrace with my colleges on a sailboat J/80. It was my at the time managers boat. We had a really fun day (since I love to sail), and love to compete so I have always hold Saltsjöbaden close to my heart. So.. How did the matchrace go? I was on the winning boat all the time.. ;-) No I´m not bragging, I´m just stating a fact!! :-)
Anyyyywaaay...
First I stumbled into some sort of gathering at the Saltsjöbaden hotell (Grand Hotel). I Took some pictures of it. Dont know what was going down. Wedding?

I soon continued. After I walked over a small bridge I found a "friluftsbad" (freeairsbath), and took a couple of pictures to show ya (incase you're considering visiting this place). It was not free to enter but it looked like a nice beach. At least the air was free I guess. :-)

Here the gathering. Lots of chairs.

Live music played by two people. 

It's pretty late in the day, but there still people hanging out on the beach, relaxing.
It's pretty late in the day, but there still people hanging out on the beach, relaxing. Nice place!

More of a closeup on the beach and cafeteria/restaurang.
More of a closeup on the beach and cafeteria/restaurant.

Saltsjöbaden friluftsbad.
Outside and entrance to the beach: Saltsjöbaden friluftsbad.
To be continued, more later..

No comments:

Post a Comment