Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Thinking about Car curtains

Perhaps cardboard curtain is not so beutiful after all...

The idea is to put up some nylonstring ( paracord ) and then use this curtain holders from Ikea. I Think I will use fleece as a curtain. It has pretty good insulation value.

I dont want to glue anything to the car. Everything has to be able to easily come off.

Picture from Ikeas website: http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/products/80212201/
Ikea RIKTIG  gardinkrok
Ikea RIKTIG  curtain hook

I added small paperclips to the headliner, and then attached some paracord string.
I added small paperclips to the headliner, and then attached some paracord string.

However the paracord, nylonstring is a bit elastic and stretches a bit too much.

Car Curtains in a Toyota Starlet
Here I am trying out a small dust cloth as a curtain, but it hangs too much.

A closeup of the curtain holders and nylon string

Well, I not satisfied with this.. I have to rethink it!

Other sources:
Found this information about curtains to read: http://suanneonline.blogspot.se/p/windows-and-privacy-i-do-2-things-for.html

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Read your comments on Suanne's blog. Love the idea of bungies as curtain rods and the IKEA hangers-- did you ever get the bugs/kinks worked out? I'm contemplating someone else's comment; if we used (heavier) black toweling with grommets placed, perhaps they could be threaded on the bungee cord but still be used as towels -- they could dry while hanging at night. Your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete